Saturday, December 11, 2010

A little laughter for this momma....

Ellie is in a great stage. There are so many things that I am loving about this stage, but there is one thing that I am adjusting to again....

Tonight, I told Scott that it seems that Ellie is the happiest right now when she is being destructive. Whether she is climbing up onto the kitchen counter and throwing every item on the floor, pulling every pan out of a drawer, throwing her brothers' artwork on the floor off of the kitchen table, launching food halfway across the room for Ollie, or beating on the keys of my laptop, all of these things THRILL her.

Today, the target was our bookshelf in the basement. She had thrown a dozen books on the floor, and then, she emerged around the corner with THIS BOOK in her hands....

This book was HUGELY helpful to me a few years ago in my mothering journey.

She was so proud of herself as she crawled across the floor with it in her hand. And then, she threw it across the room and laughed. I laughed, too. And am so thankful that I read the book a few years ago! ;)

2 comments:

Myah said...

this is great! Maybe you could let your lovely neighbor borrow it! :) Would it help me remain "calm in my heart" when I feel like screaming??!!

Hartman 4 said...

Okay, so I was just reading this post, thinking that life is pretty ironic, then I glanced below... YAY! Oh, goodness, that's so happy. Thanks, that' made my morning!