Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thankful Thursday....

Today, I am thankful....

1) For the absolute joy that snow brings to my children. We barely have much more than a dusting, but my boys have played and played and played in it the past two days. I also love that they think that I am the very best momma when I hand them a cup of hot chocolate when they walk in the door. Such a simple way to light up their days! I love it!
2) For the "Advent Conspiracy". About 4 or 5 years ago, Scott came home from a conference talking about it. To be completely honest, I thought that he was crazy at the time. But I am SO thankful that he eventually won me over to the idea and that the "Conspiracy" has totally transformed Christmas for our family over the past three years. It's a journey.... but I'm glad that we're on it.... and it's been absolutely thrilling to be a part of two churches getting involved in the journey in the process, too. Love it.
3) For good health.... today. You know, with kiddos and winter, you never know how long they are going to avoid yucky bugs. I am thankful that we are all healthy today.
4) For time with family. Our Thanksgiving was much different this year without my Grandma. But we reflected and connected and it was good.
5) That my hubby is SO helpful on MOPS mornings. Keeping it real.... MOPS days can be a little stressful around here, and this morning was a little extra stressful. I am thankful that he believes in the ministry of MOPS, too, and is willing to pitch in a little (or a lot!) extra to help me pull off my role to the best of my ability.

Have a blessed day! Love you.

1 comment:

Jenny Johnson said...

Hey! I LOVE reading your Thankful Thursday post! I espically loved it today! Is the Advent Conspirecy different than what you guys did last year or the year before. Where you guys focused on the meaning of Christmas rather than how many cards you could get sent out or how many cookies you could back and give out. I really like that idea and since I am not in school this year the Christmas season has been alot more enjoyable despite all the set backs I've been having with my surgery and such. Thanks for helping us keeping Christmas in perspective. That's what the kids will remembere so much more in the long run. Have a great weekend! :) Jenny
p.s. something you should get your big kid "scott" for Christmas is a "Air Hog" Vectrom Wave. It is a ton of fun! Timmy got one for his Birthday.